Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Hero - Debby Hughes!

Imagine my surprise with this morning's Watercolor Class!!  I never peek to see who will be the teachers for the day =] 

Debby is an exceptional teacher... doesn't hurt that I get to listen to her wonderful accent - I know, Debby I have the accent!  I do hope we'll see her again, really soon.

I really had to dig for a background stamp.  I had better luck using them with this watercolor technique, than regular stamping. Could be the Distress Inks I used.  Here are my first attempts:
 
With an Hero Arts alphabet background stamp - Spiced Marmalade ink
Using an Hero Arts Hounds-tooth background stamp
 
Turns out, my first try was a charm [orange on right].  Here is what I created with it:


Aga and Jennifer are awesome, too!!  Jennifer, I didn't have masking fluid, so I'll try that one later =]
Coats & Clark silver thread. Fab sentiments from Winnie & Walter!

 




4 comments:

Ardyth said...

These are gorgeous!

Debby Hughes said...

Love your houndstooth background Michele but hope you use that alphabet one too - that looks pretty awesome also! Oh and your dreamy last card - perfect :D

Barb said...

Awesome cards, Michele! I'm loving this class too and Debby is definitely a favorite!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous cards Michele! I should have taken this class!