Monday, October 27, 2014

The Muse - Guest Designer!!

 
I could not have been more pleased, honored, or surprised to receive an invitation to Guest Design for the Muse Challenge this week!  Thank you so much, Ardyth! Remember, I'm the new kid on the blog.  So here I go! Fingers crossed!

I've been working diligently on my Christmas cards already.  I couldn't be the only one, right?  I make and send between 40-50 each year. I find I get really bored if I make even two of the same. Are you like that?

Going through my stash of holiday papers, I found a few single sheets that I purchased after-season from a darling little paper/scrapbook place 2 hours north of me in Ludington, Michigan.  Single sheets work well for me. I especially love those that are double-sided, and heavy like cardstock.

So, with that in mind, if you choose to accept *wink, wink* here is my challenge to you for this week: find a single sheet of designer paper, and create a SET of THREE cards, each different, but sharing a theme!! 

I'm working with non-traditional colors for my holiday set, you can use any color you'd like. My theme is die-cuts, and cream - instead of white. Here is one of my sets:



I do hope you like the idea, and have fun with this! I so look forward to seeing what you make!! 

Thanks again for inviting me, Ardyth! I love The Muse Card Club and enjoy playing along as often as I can! =]

Supplies: Primitive White CS from MFT and some leftover stars from their Blueprints 18 set; Memory Box Evergreen Landscape die, PTI Holiday Cheer trees die, and Wplus9 - Joy from Seasonal Sentiments dies, and Snowflake trio. Grey polka dot DP is jillibean Soup - 2012!!

And for fun, this is how I was able to take a photo before the sun was up this morning.  The red sticks are in a tall vase and they live in that niche all year long.  I hang the Christmas cards we receive each year from the branches. =] 
 


14 comments:

~amy~ said...

Congrats!!!!!
I love your cards and your challenge! Love how the trio coordinate but have special differences! How fun is your photog studio!!!!

Marianne said...

Just read about your fun challenge at the Muse blog. Love your set of cards. And you also have a very interesting card table LOL.

Hannelie said...

Congratulations! So glad I found your blog via the Muse card club! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!

Penny Wessenauer (d0npen) said...

I really love this trio of cards and most especially that yummy set of house dies.. who makes those please?

I Card Everyone said...

So sorry Penny!! I've used those little houses so many times, I forgot to give a source this time! It is from Simon Says Stamps - designed by K. Werner. Here's a link http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=311139&c=1429

Penny Wessenauer (d0npen) said...

Thanks a million Michelle.. no wonder you use these dies..they're so marvelous, and so are you!! *smooches!*

sandie said...

Congrats Michele and what a fun challenge. I am not good with DSP but am tempted to hunt some out now! I love you went for cream and the natural colours look fabulous x

Jacquie Southas said...

Congratulations on the GD spot at the Muse! You have given us a terrific challenge :)

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Congrats on your GD spot.
This collection of cards is just gorgeous.
Caroline xxx

Ardyth said...

So thrilled to have you as GD this week! I love your built-in photo studio! lol! Can't wait to see how everyone's inspired by your gorgeous set of cards!

Bobby said...

What a wonderful idea, Michele. I've not been crafting lately but this has inspired me and I shall be digging out some of my old, old, old paper and joining you at Muse. Oh, and congrats on being the guest designer. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Congratulations as Guest Designer my friend these are all gorgeous and I love your card for MUSE inspiration! I really hope I can play along this week! Your photo booth is so fantastic! Wow perfect. Moreo dies to bring with! ;) xoxo

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wonderful job Michele!!!! A winter wonderland!!!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your GD spot, Michele ... what a brilliant idea to do a trio of cards ... and what gorgeous cards they are ... crisp, wintery, beautiful! Love your photo booth ... the 'support system' is so creative! Delighted to be back seeing your wonderful work, my friend! Anita :)